- This event has passed.
Works in Progress!!
October 16, 2022 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree!
Chair: Jan kravets
Event Date: Sunday, October 16, 2022, 2 pm
Location: at the home of Mary Ann Cummins
Deadline to complete online application below: October 9
Entry Fees: free event to all MTAC WLA music studios! ( Disregard the payment portion on the application form, please)
The “works in progress” event is not a competition. It is a “playing class” , an opportunity to share pieces that have progressed to a level where they are ready to be shared in front of an audience of their peers. It is also designed to give students of all ages and levels practice performing so that they are able to participate in a future , formal recital setting .
That being said, students must be sufficiently comfortable with all the notes and rhythms of their piece(s) with enough fluency so as to be able to make it through from start to finish.
Question: Can my student try-out a portion of his/her work (such as the exposition of his sonatina) to learn from the experience of performing it more publicly and to test the memory .
Answer: absolutely!! this is the format to see what’s working and what still needs work and to find the weak spots ..
Question: my student feels prepared to try his Bach piece, but wants to use his music. Is this ok?
Answer: yes! This is the place to try things out and memorization is not required.
Click Here For Our Guidelines
- PLAYING although there is no specific time limit, students are asked to play only one work at this event
- Students can be any level or instrument.
- REPERTOIRE REQUIREMENTS
- Repertoire is open‘
- MEMORIZATION & PERFORMANCE
- memorization optional
- this is an informal event, so formal recital dress is not expected . As in all events, be respectful of others who are performing . Any remarks should be constructive and supportive.
- APPLICATION & FEES
- Teachers: Entry fees are waived for this event .