- This event has passed.
Certificate of Merit
February 18 - February 28
Chair: Mehry Lalezarian
Event Date: February 18- February 28, 2023
Location: Online event
Certificate of MeritTM
is an annual evaluation program for piano, string, woodwind & brass, and voice students. Requirements are flexible enough to be met by the average student, as well as the more gifted performer. Selected students may be invited to perform at Branch Honors Festivals, the State Convention, or the prestigious Young Artist Guild, a showcase at the MTAC State Convention for the most talented Certificate of MeritTM musicians.
Click Here For Our Guidelines
- As the deadlines are hard, we encourage teachers to start the process as early as possible.
- Practice Theory, Ear Training and Sight Reading tests are available on the Student Portals after application and payment are complete. Practice tests will be available up to 10 days prior to the media submission due date.
- Media Submission Due Date: February 28, 2021
- Students have a 10-day window to finish and upload all elements of CM. This 10-day period begins 10 days prior to the above Media Submission Due Date, on February 18, 2023. Scores, Theory Tests, Sight Reading Tests, Technic and Repertoire videos must be completed and uploaded between 2/18 and 2/28. Sight reading and Theory tests must be uploaded upon completion.
- Results publish date: March 20, 2023
- Panel Media Submission Due Date: January 31, 2023
- Panel results Publish Date: February 27, 2023
- Panel Finals Media Submission Due Date: March 31, 2023
- Panel Finals results Publish Date: April 4, 2023
- Theme recital for Convention 2023 is: Music by composers born in the last 125 years since 1897. This is in commemoration of MTAC’s 125th anniversary.
- Apply Students to CM: October 1-31, 2023
- Tech support team for CM applications closes: October 31, 2022-5PM
- Special Need Accommodation Request deadline: October 31, 2022
- Payment for CM Due: November 5, 2023
- Repertoire input and Convention Programs check boxes due: January 15, 2023
- Apply to perform at convention(if student has been chosen by evaluator); March 15-April 15, 2023
- Make-ups for CM: Student must first have a “no-show” status in order for the state office to generate correspondence with the student/parents. Correspondence for make ups must be completed by April 15th, 2023. If student is eligible to make up CM, the media submission date for make ups will be May 9th, 2023.
***Please refer to the resources section of CM page on the state website for comprehensive and detailed information including informational videos and a multitude of guidelines for your convenience.****