Romantic and Impressionist Festival
November 24 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm$18
Chair: Jan Kravets and MaryAnn Cummins
Event Date: Sunday, November, 24, 2019, at 1:00PM
Location: to be confirmed
Deadline to complete online application below: November 17, 2019
Postmark Deadline for Entry Fees: November 17, 2019
Romantic & Impressionist Festival Provides students an opportunity to perform solo and ensemble repertoire from Romantic & Impressionist styles including late Beethoven, Schubert, Schumann, Chopin, Mendelssohn, Liszt, Brahms, Debussy, Ravel and their contemporaries.
Click Here For Our Guidelines
- PLAYING TIME AND ELIGIBILITY
- Each teacher is allowed a maximum of 20 minutes of total playing time for all students.
- Students can be any level or instrument.
- REPERTOIRE REQUIREMENTS
- Repertoire is to be chosen from 20th and 21st century composers and can be similar to the Certificate of Merit ‘contemporary’ period. You may also include Neo-Classical, Atonal, or late Impressionistic (early 20th century) music
- All music must be original and published: no arrangements, simplifications, etc.
- MEMORIZATION & PERFORMANCE
- All pieces must be memorized. (contact Susanna for exceptions for chamber pieces or complex contemporary scores)
- All performers must stay for the entirety of the festival program.
- Traditional recital dress code must be followed for a respectful, professional look. Teachers, please remind students of our dress code.
- APPLICATION & FEES
- Please fill out the form below – making sure that you fill out info for each student and/or ensemble. Deadline is January 2, 2019.
- Accurate timings must be provided, and please no repeats!
- Entry fee per student: $18
- Teachers: Entry fees must be paid with a single check for the teacher’s TOTAL entry fees for all students payable to: MTAC-WLA.
- Mail Entry fees check to
- Jan Kravets
- 7912 Croydon Avenue
- Los Angeles, CA 90045
- Please note festival in memo portion of check.
- Deadline: Online form must be filled out by January 2, 2019
Master Studio Application for This Event
Entry fees must be paid with a single check drawn on the teacher’s bank account (for the teacher’s TOTAL entry fees for all students) payable to MTAC.-WLA.