Romantic and Impressionist Festival
February 21 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm$18
Chair: Jan Kravets and MaryAnn Cummins
Event Date: Sunday, February 21, 2021, at 1:00 PM
Location: YouTube premiere
Deadline to complete online application below:
February 7, 2021
PLEASE NOTE: “media release form” must be completed online at or before submission of application to this event (form is located at the foot of the home page of this website). Failure to submit form may result in automatic disqualification of participation .
Postmark Deadline for Entry Fees:
February 14, 2021
Romantic & Impressionist Festival Provides students an opportunity to perform solo and ensemble repertoire from Romantic & Impressionist styles including late Beethoven, Schubert, Schumann, Chopin, Mendelssohn, Liszt, Brahms, Debussy, Ravel and their contemporaries.
Click Here For Our Guidelines
- PLAYING TIME AND ELIGIBILITY
- Each teacher is allowed a maximum of 20 minutes of total playing time for all students.
- Students can be any level or instrument.
- REPERTOIRE REQUIREMENTS
- repertoire is to be chosen from romantic and impressionist music of late Beethoven, Paganini, Lalo, MacDowell, Ives, Joplin Franck, Brahms, Chopin, Schumann Debussy, Ravel, and their contemporaries and can be similar to the Certificate of Merit ‘romantic and impressionist’ periods.
- All music must be original and published: no arrangements, simplifications, etc.
- MEMORIZATION & PERFORMANCE
- All pieces must be memorized. (contact Susanna for exceptions for chamber pieces or complex contemporary scores)
- All performers must stay for the entirety of the festival program.
- Traditional recital dress code must be followed for a respectful, professional look. Teachers, please remind students of our dress code.
- APPLICATION & FEES
- Please fill out the form below – making sure that you fill out info for each student and/or ensemble. Deadline is February 7, 2021
- Accurate timings must be provided, and please no repeats!
- Entry fee per student: $18
- Teachers: Entry fees must be paid with a single check for the teacher’s TOTAL entry fees for all students payable to: MTAC-WLA.
- Mail Entry fees check to
- Jan Kravets
- 7912 Croydon Avenue
- Los Angeles, CA 90045
- Please note festival in memo portion of check.
- Deadline: Online form must be filled out by February 7, 2021
- Deadline: postmark date to mail fees:
- February 14, 2021
Master Studio Application for This Event
Entry fees must be paid with a single check drawn on the teacher’s bank account (for the teacher’s TOTAL entry fees for all students) payable to MTAC.-WLA.