- This event has passed.
Gawartin Chopin Piano Competition
February 9$50 – $70
The Gawartin Chopin Competition is open to students from all branches of MTAC. It provides an opportunity to compete for cash prize awards, as well as performance appearance at the Winners’ Recital.
Chairs: Dr. Wojciech Kocyan, Louisa Wong
Event Date: Sunday, February 9, 2020
Location: Steinway & Sons Beverly Hills located at 8801 Wilshire Blvd., Beverly Hills, CA 90211
Deadline to complete online application: January 27, 2020
Postmark Deadline for Entry Fees: January 28, 2020
Click Below for Application
Click Here For Our Guidelines
*Age as of competition day of February 9, 2020
A $20 late fee per entry will apply past application deadline and upon approval of the chair(s).
Proof-of-age document (e.g., birth certificate, passport, driver’s license) is required for all applicants.
Ties and honorable mentions are permitted. In the event of a tie or ties, award amounts will be redistributed within the Division.
KATHRYN GAWARTIN CHOPIN COMPETITION RULES & REGULATIONS:
1. Student must currently be studying with a current MTAC teacher member from any branch. Said teacher must be the student’s primary piano instructor for at least six months immediately prior to entering the Competition.
2. Each teacher is allowed to enter up to three students in each division.
Previous first place winners in Division I are ineligible for Division I.
Previous first place winners in Division II are ineligible for Division II.
Previous first place winners in Division III are ineligible for Division III.
3. This Competition is open to public.
4. All music must be memorized. Contestants who do not play from memory will be heard by the judges, but are ineligible to be selected as winners.
5. Contestants must bring one original score for each of their pieces to the Competition. No photocopies are permitted. Contestants who use an unauthorized photocopy(ies) in the Competition maybe disqualified and not permitted to participate in the Competition. In the event of out-of-print works or works downloaded from online sources, photocopies will be permitted with the appropriate license from the publishing company. This must be cleared with the Competition chair(s).
6. Decisions of the judges are final. Judges are not obligated to select a winner in each division.
7. Any teacher/parent who at any time contacts a judge regarding this Competition and/or its results may have his/her student/child disqualified from the Competition.
8. The receipt of a submitted MTAC-WLA online application form shall be deemed as an acceptance and agreement of the applicant to the Competition Rules & Regulations stated above. In the event of any disputes, claims, questions, or disagreements arising from or relating to the rules and regulations of this Competition or the Competition Agreement, or the breach thereof, MTAC-WLA shall utilize its best effort to settle the disputes, claims, questions, or disagreements.b. To this effect, the parties shall consult and negotiate with each other in good faith, and recognizing their mutual interest, attempt to reach a fair and equitable solution satisfactory to both parties. If the parties do not reach a solution within a period of sixty (60) days, then upon notice by either party to the other, all disputes, claims, questions, or differences shall be finally settled by an arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with the provisions of its Commercial Arbitration Rules, each party to bear its own cost.