20th/21st Century Slavic Music Festival
January 25, 2020 @ 6:00 am - 8:00 am$18
Chair: Susanna Safarian-Tarontsi
Event Date: SATURDAY, January 25, 2020 , at 2:00PM
Location: Roth Hall, Crossroads School, Santa Monica 90404
Deadline to complete online application below: January 15, 2020
Postmark Deadline for Entry Fees: January 15, 2020
The Contemporary Music Festival is not a competition. Each student participant is presented with a festival certificate of achievement.
Click Here For Our Guidelines
- PLAYING TIME AND ELIGIBILITY
- Each teacher is allowed a maximum of 20 minutes of total playing time for all students.
- Students can be any level or instrument.
- REPERTOIRE REQUIREMENTS
- This year we begin a new tradition of pieces from a more specific world region and repertoire:
- in 2020, Repertoire is to be chosen from 20th and 21st century composers of Russian and Slavic descent .and can be similar to the Certificate of Merit ‘contemporary’ period. You may also include Neo-Classical, Atonal, or late Impressionistic (20-21st century) music
- All music must be original and published: no arrangements, simplifications, etc.
- MEMORIZATION & PERFORMANCE
- All pieces must be memorized. (contact Susanna for exceptions for chamber pieces or complex contemporary scores)
- All performers must stay for the entirety of the festival program.
- Traditional recital dress code must be followed for a respectful, professional look. Teachers, please remind students of our dress code.
- APPLICATION & FEES
- Please fill out the form below – making sure that you fill out info for each student and/or ensemble. Deadline is January 15, 2020
- Accurate timings must be provided, and please no repeats!
- Entry fee per student: $18
- Teachers: Entry fees must be paid with a single check for the teacher’s TOTAL entry fees for all students payable to: MTAC-WLA.
- Mail Entry fees check to
1441 Veteran Avenue #301, Los Angeles, CA 90024
Please note festival in memo portion of check.
- Deadline: Online form must be filled out by January 15
Master Studio Application for This Event
Entry fees must be paid with a single check drawn on the teacher’s bank account (for the teacher’s TOTAL entry fees for all students) payable to MTAC.-WLA.