- This event has passed.
20th century Music Festival
January 25 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm$18
Chair: Susanna Safarian-Tarontsi
Event Date: SATURDAY, January 25, 2020 , at 4:00PM
Location: Roth Hall, Crossroads School, Santa Monica 90404
Deadline to complete online application below: January 15, 2020
Postmark Deadline for Entry Fees: January 15, 2020
The 20th century Music Festival is not a competition. Each student participant is presented with a festival certificate of achievement.
Click Here For Our Guidelines
- PLAYING TIME AND ELIGIBILITY
- Each teacher is allowed a maximum of 20 minutes of total playing time for all students.
- Students can be any level or instrument.
- REPERTOIRE REQUIREMENTS
- This year we begin a new tradition of pieces from a more specific world region and repertoire:
- in 2020, Repertoire is to be chosen from 20th century composers . There will be a short lecture focusing on Russian music of of the 20th century..works included should be similar to those outlined in Certificate of Merit ‘contemporary’ period. You may also include Neo-Classical, Atonal, or late Impressionistic (20-21st century) music
- All music must be original and published: no arrangements, simplifications, etc.
- MEMORIZATION & PERFORMANCE
- All pieces must be memorized. (contact Susanna for exceptions for chamber pieces or complex contemporary scores)
- All performers must stay for the entirety of the festival program.
- Traditional recital dress code must be followed for a respectful, professional look. Teachers, please remind students of our dress code.
- APPLICATION & FEES
- Please fill out the form below – making sure that you fill out info for each student and/or ensemble. Deadline is January 15, 2020
- Accurate timings must be provided, and please no repeats!
- Entry fee per student: $18
- Teachers: Entry fees must be paid with a single check for the teacher’s TOTAL entry fees for all students payable to: MTAC-WLA.
- Mail Entry fees check to
1441 Veteran Avenue #301, Los Angeles, CA 90024
Please note festival in memo portion of check.
- Deadline: Online form must be filled out by January 15
Master Studio Application for This Event
Entry fees must be paid with a single check drawn on the teacher’s bank account (for the teacher’s TOTAL entry fees for all students) payable to MTAC.-WLA.