Branch Student Recital
November 17 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm$18
A Chair:Jan Kravets email@example.com
Event Date: Sunday, November 17, 2019 at 1-3:00pm
Location To be confirmed
Deadline to complete online application below:November 7, 2019
Postmark Deadline for Entry Fees: November 7, 2019
The Branch Student Recital is not a competition. It is an opportunity for students with prepared solo and ensemble repertoire from a variety of classical periods, to perform for each other in a supportive, recital setting.
All original “classical” repertoire of any period from Baroque to living composers. No arrangements from method books, please. Students of all levels and encouraged to participate. Repertoire must be performed from memory, with the exception of duet and ensemble pieces and contemporary works of exceptional level of difficulty . Those requiring a collaborative pianist should make arrangements in advance.
Click Here For Our Guidelines
- PLAYING TIME AND ELIGIBILITY
- Each teacher is allowed a maximum of 20 minutes of total playing time for all students.
- Students can be any level or instrument.
- REPERTOIRE REQUIREMENTS
- Repertoire is to be chosen from 20th and 21st century composers and can be similar to the Certificate of Merit ‘contemporary’ period. You may also include Neo-Classical, Atonal, or late Impressionistic (early 20th century) music
- All music must be original and published: no arrangements, simplifications, etc.
- MEMORIZATION & PERFORMANCE
- All pieces must be memorized. (contact Susanna for exceptions for chamber pieces or complex contemporary scores)
- All performers must stay for the entirety of the festival program.
- Traditional recital dress code must be followed for a respectful, professional look. Teachers, please remind students of our dress code.
- APPLICATION & FEES
- Please fill out the form below – making sure that you fill out info for each student and/or ensemble. Deadline is November 7, 2019
- Accurate timings must be provided, and please no repeats!
- Entry fee per student: $18
- Teachers: Entry fees must be paid with a single check for the teacher’s TOTAL entry fees for all students payable to: MTAC-WLA.
- Mail Entry fees check to
- 7912 Croydon Avenue
- Los Angeles, CA 90045
Please note festival in memo portion of check.
- Deadline: Online form must be filled out by November 7, 2019
Master Studio Application for This Event
Entry fees must be paid with a single check drawn on the teacher’s bank account (for the teacher’s TOTAL entry fees for all students) payable to MTAC.-WLA.