Baroque & Classical Festival
December 8 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Chair: Marina Kalantarova and Jan Kravetsmarina@creativepianostudio.com
Event Date: Sunday, December 08, 2019, at 1:00PM
Location:to be confirmed
Deadline to complete online application below: November 25, 2019
Postmark Deadline for Entry Fees: November 25, 2019
In contrast to the branch Bach Festival, The Baroque & Classical Festival is a non-adjudicated recital showcasing the music of both Baroque and Classical composers. Music to include works by Bach, Handel, Scarlatti, and their Baroque contemporaries as well as Mozart, Beethoven and Haydn and their Classical contemporaries.
Click Here For Our Guidelines
- PLAYING TIME AND ELIGIBILITY
- Each teacher is allowed a maximum of 20 minutes of total playing time for all students.
- Students can be any level or instrument.
- REPERTOIRE REQUIREMENTS
- Repertoire is to be chosen from Baroque and Classical period composers and can be similar to the Certificate of Merit ‘approved repertoire.
- All music must be original and published: no arrangements, simplifications, etc.
- MEMORIZATION & PERFORMANCE
- All pieces must be memorized. (contact Susanna for exceptions for chamber pieces or complex contemporary scores)
- All performers must stay for the entirety of the festival program.
- Traditional recital dress code must be followed for a respectful, professional look. Teachers, please remind students of our dress code.
- APPLICATION & FEES
- Please fill out the form below – making sure that you fill out info for each student and/or ensemble. Deadline is November 25, 2019
- Accurate timings must be provided, and please no repeats!
- Entry fee per student: $18
- Teachers: Entry fees must be paid with a single check for the teacher’s TOTAL entry fees for all students payable to: MTAC-WLA.
- Mail Entry fees check to
10906 Rochester Avenue,suite C,
- Los Angeles, CA 90024
Please note festival name in memo portion of check.
- Deadline: Online form must be filled out by November 25, 2019
Master Studio Application for This Event
Entry fees must be paid with a single check drawn on the teacher’s bank account (for the teacher’s TOTAL entry fees for all students) payable to MTAC.-WLA.