- This event has passed.
Baroque & Classical Festival
December 5, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm$18
Chair: Marina Kalantarova and Jan Kravets
Event Date: Sunday, December 05, 2021, at 1:00PM
live performances in a zoom platform
STUDENTS WILL PERFORM LIVE USING ZOOM. For the safety of our students and their families, we will, for the time being use a zoom platform for live, branch recitals.
The following is a suggestion only and is not a requirement of participation : At the discretion of students and families , in the event of unstable -wifi conditions , students may choose to perform from a location other than their own home , with the best wifi and piano available to them.
Deadline to complete online application below:
November 20, 2021
Postmark Deadline for Entry Fees: November 30, 2021
In contrast to the WLA branch Bach Festival, The Baroque & Classical Festival is a non-adjudicated recital showcasing the music of both Baroque and Classical composers. Music to include works by Bach, Handel, Scarlatti, and their Baroque contemporaries as well as Mozart, Beethoven and Haydn and their Classical contemporaries.
Click Here For Our Guidelines
- PLAYING TIME AND ELIGIBILITY
- Each teacher is allowed a maximum of 20 minutes of total playing time for all students.
- Students can be CM level 3 and above or any instrument or voice instrument.
- REPERTOIRE REQUIREMENTS
- Repertoire is to be chosen from Baroque and Classical period composers and can be similar to the Certificate of Merit ‘approved repertoire.
- All music must be original and published: no arrangements, simplifications, etc.
- MEMORIZATION & PERFORMANCE
- All pieces must be memorized. (contact Marina Kalantarova for exceptions for chamber pieces or complex contemporary score.
- All performers must stay for the entirety of the festival program.
- Traditional recital dress code must be followed for a respectful, professional look. Teachers, please remind students of our dress code.
- APPLICATION & FEES
- Please fill out the form below – making sure that you fill out info for each student and/or ensemble.
- Accurate timings must be provided, and please no repeats!
- Entry fee per student: $18
- Teachers: Entry fees must be paid with a single check for the teacher’s TOTAL entry fees for all students payable to: MTAC-WLA.
- Mail Entry fees check to.
- Jan Kravets
- 2301 Pier avenue,
- Santa Monica CA 90405
- Please note festival name in memo portion of check.
- Deadline: Online form must be filled out by November 20, 2021
Master Studio Application for This Event
Entry fees must be paid with a single check drawn on the teacher’s bank account (for the teacher’s TOTAL entry fees for all students) payable to MTAC.-WLA.