- This event has passed.
To all of our West LA Branch teachers whose students took part in the 2023 Southern California Junior Bach Festival:
Congratulations to all students and their teachers! We had a very successful festival this year! The individual certificates and evaluation sheets will be mailed to each student’s teacher. Winners are eligible to participate in the Region IV Bach Festival. Detailed information about the Bach Regional festival will follow.
Sincerely, Rosa Wong WLA Branch SCJBF Chair
2023 Southern California Junior Bach Festival Results MTAC West Los Angeles Branch Sunday, March 19, 2023
2023 West Los Angeles Branch Bach Festival Information
Branch Festival Date: March 19, 2023
Location: Westside Music Conservatory
12424 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 100
Los Angeles, CA 90025
DEADLINES: STUDENT REGISTRATION (ONLINE ONLY at www.scjbf.org)
Registration CLOSES Tuesday, February 21, 2023 at 9:00 pm
Payment deadline Tuesday, February 21, 2023
ENTRY FEES: $35.00 per student
Teachers must enter their student participants’ names, and the required payment will be calculated. Payments by check will NOT be accepted this year.
NO LATE REGISTRATIONS OR PAYMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
In compliance with Southern California Junior Bach Festival (SCJBF) rules, there is no limit on the number of students a teacher may enter. However, no repertoire can be duplicated by students of the same teacher.
Based on their performance, up to 50% of eligible students at the WLA Branch Bach Festival will be selected by the judges to proceed to the Regional Festival.
Please note: While works from the Anna Magdalena Bach Notebook, as well as works by Baroque composers other than Bach, are accepted at the Branch Festival level, students performing these works are NOT eligible to proceed to the Regional Festival level.
The performance time limit per student is five (5) minutes. A single movement of more than five minutes may be subject to interruption. Being stopped due to time-limit restrictions does not affect the selection process.
BACH FESTIVAL REGISTRATION PROCEDURES
Please read carefully
- Registration is online only at www.scjbf.org
- Click on “Registrations & Announcements” in the top menu bar.
- Follow the instructions to complete registration.
- The 2023 WLA Branch Bach registration fee is $35.00 PER STUDENT.
PS: Before making a payment kindly input the name of the students on the shipping address field, if more than one, use the comma (,) as a separator (one teacher may enroll a few students and the chair of the event needs to know the names of the students for whom the payment is made)
- SPECIAL REQUESTS
- If you have special requests regarding student scheduling at the Branch Festival level, please enter them in the “Comments” field on the registration form. Handwritten requests or requests left by phone/e-mail/text will not be accepted.
- Teachers with three or fewer students applying may request to have all of them on the same program.
- For teachers who register four or five students, an effort will be made to schedule them on consecutive programs.
- If you have more than five students, they may be scheduled (scattered) throughout the day.
- For siblings/carpools: You must request to keep siblings/carpools together in the “Comments” field for each student.
- Every teacher who has students participating in the WLA Branch Festival MUST help in some capacity.
- Each program will have a chairperson whose job will be to supervise the flow of the program and to act as an announcer.
- The chairperson will have assistants to monitor the door, pass out programs, and seat the students and audience.
- Other jobs will include time keeper, etc. If you have a preference about your job assignment, please e-mail Rosa at:
MTAC-WLA Branch Bach Festival Chair
PS: Before making a payment kindly input the name of the students on the shipping address field, if more than one, use the comma (,) as a separator (one teacher may enroll a few students and the chair of the event needs to know the name of the students for whom the payment is made) PLEASE ALSO INCLUDE THE TEACHER’S NAME IN THE SAME LINE , I.E. TEACHER: Rosina Levine