- This event has passed.
20- 21st century Music Festival
January 29 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm$25
Chair: Susanna Safarian-Tarontsi
Event Date: Sunday , January 29, 2023 at 3:00pm
Location: Stteinway Piano Gallery Beverly Hills
Deadline to email Susanna Tarontsi with the information: January 24
Postmark Deadline for Entry Fees: January 24
mail to :
Susanna Safarian- Tarontsi
1850 Veteran ave, apt 201
los Angeles, CA 90025
The 20th century Music Festival is not a competition. Each student participant is presented with a festival certificate of achievement.
Click Here For Our Guidelines
- PLAYING TIME AND ELIGIBILITY
- Each teacher is allowed a maximum of 20 minutes of total playing time for all students.
- Students can be any level or instrument.
- REPERTOIRE REQUIREMENTS
- Repertoire is to be chosen from 20-21 century..It should be similar to those outlined in Certificate of Merit ‘contemporary’ period. You may also include Neo-Classical, Atonal, or late Impressionistic (20-21st century) music
- All music must be original and published: no arrangements, simplifications, etc.
- MEMORIZATION & PERFORMANCE
- All pieces must be memorized. (contact Susanna for exceptions for chamber pieces or complex contemporary scores)
- All performers must stay for the entirety of the festival program.
- Traditional recital dress code must be followed for a respectful, professional look. Teachers, please remind students of our dress code.
- APPLICATION & FEES
- Accurate timings must be provided, and please no repeats!
- Entry fee per student: $25
- Teachers: Entry fees must be paid with a single check for the teacher’s TOTAL entry fees for all students payable to: MTAC-WLA.
- Mail Entry fees check to
mail to : 1850 Veteran Ave. #201 Los Angeles, Ca 90025
- Susanna Safarian TarontsiPlease
- note festival name in memo portion of check.
- Deadline: January 24