Chair: Susanna Safarian-Tarontsi
Sunday, January 20, 2019, at 1:00 PM
Roth Hall, Crossroads School, Santa Monica 90404
Deadline to complete application: January 6, 2019
POSTMARK Entry Fees & Master Studio List and paper application Deadline: January 7, 2019
Please send festival fees, applications and Master Studio List to Susanna Safarian-Tarontsi (if you need her address, please call: 310 717-4541)
The Contemporary Music Festival is not a competition. Each student participant is presented with a festival certificate
- PLAYING TIME AND ELIGIBILITY
- Each teacher is allowed a maximum of 20 minutes of total playing time for all students.
- Students can be any level or instrument.
- REPERTOIRE REQUIREMENTS
- Repertoire is to be chosen from 20th and 21st century composers and can be similar to the Certificate of Merit ‘contemporary’ period. You may also include Neo-Classical, Atonal, or late Impressionistic (early 20th century) music
- All music must be original and published: no arrangements, simplifications, etc.
- MEMORIZATION & PERFORMANCE
- All pieces must be memorized. (contact Susanna for exceptions for chamber pieces or complex contemporary scores)
- All performers must stay for the entirety of the festival program.
- Traditional recital dress code must be followed for a respectful, professional look. Teachers please remind students of dress code.
- APPLICATION & FEES
- Application form will be at the end of this page later. Please print out form and submit one for each student and/or ensemble. Deadline is January 7, 2019.
- Accurate timings must be provided, and please no repeats!
- Entry fee per student: $18
- Teachers: Entry fees must be paid with a single check drawn from the teacher’s bank account, for the teacher’s TOTAL entry fees, made payable to MTAC-WLA.
- Entry fees check must be accompanied by the Master Studio List and POSTMARKED by January 7 to Susanna Safarian-Tarontsi.
- Click here to download the Master Studio List